Thursday, March 6, 2008
On Tuesday, voters in Franklin County supported our call for a new generation of leadership and made John O'Grady the Democratic nominee for Franklin County Commissioner. It was an exciting race for change and YOU made the difference.
We're proud of the campaign we ran together. We focused on our vision for Franklin County and the Five Point Plan we’ve developed for the county. We also worked with the 141 neighborhood leaders of the Democratic Party to demonstrate the unity of our Democratic family.
Now that we have a Democratic nominee for Franklin County Commissioner, it’s time to begin the fight for November. Republicans in Central Ohio are hungry for a win after a very long losing streak. We can’t let that happen.
We look forward to working with you every day to win on November 4th.
John, Antoinette, Rory, Rafe, Denny, John, and Bryan
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
You can still help out with calls and visibility. Just call us at 614-221-1999 or email email@example.com.
After the polls close, join Team O'Grady for an Election Night Watch Party at the Frog, Bear and Wild Boar. It's located at 343 North Front Street, Columbus Ohio 43215. We'll all get started after 8:30pm tonight.
p.s., You've heard it all before, but it's true -- your vote is your voice. Use it today!
Monday, March 3, 2008
9. Change can only come when we all work together. That’s what John can do.
8. According to the Outlook, John has bear appeal!
7. John has a comprehensive Five Point Plan to fight foreclosures and create jobs.
6. John is Pam O’Grady’s husband and Pam O’Grady rocks.
5. John has the endorsements of Mayor Coleman, every single Council member, every single Commissioner, and every single Democratic member of our statehouse delegation.
4. John’s a better cook than anyone else we know. According to some, he’s the best short-order cook in Franklin County.
3. John is the only candidate with proven county executive experience.
2. Guess what? John is just a darn good guy.
1. In 2008, we need change. We need John O’Grady.
Biography: 43; Franklin County clerk of courts, 2001-present; administrator for Ohio Treasurer Mary Ellen Withrow, nine years; small business owner, the Ringside Café, two years. Bachelor's degree in business, Ohio Dominican University requirements completed; graduates in June). Married, three children. Roman Catholic.
Main issues: “We are at a crossroads in our state and our nation. Down one path is a new era of cooperation and growth. Down the other is the divisive old status quo. It is my hope that voters will join me in bringing a new generation of leadership to our county and, with it, new jobs and opportunity for the workers and families of Central Ohio.”
What he would do in office: “We all want government that works effectively for everyone. As your clerk of courts, that's exactly what I've done. We are doing more with less, handling significantly more work with the same budgeting and staffing we had seven years ago. I will bring the same values and focus as a Franklin County commissioner.”
It's no wonder John has the unanimous endorsement of the neighborhood leaders of our local Democratic Party!